Supplements For Healthy Long Hair
Did you know that there are natural substances that can enhance the health of your long hair? Following are some great “long hair” foods and supplements.
* *Evening Primrose Oil* is a good source of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), an EFA essential for cell metabolism and growth. This oil, also found in capsule form, aids hair growth and restoration. Other outstanding sources of GLA are Borage Oil and Black Current Oil.
* *Silica* provides collagen essential for luxurious hair growth.
* *Lecithin* is used by every living cell in our bodies. It helps purify your system and aids in the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K.
* *Choline and Inositol* are important for hair metabolism.
* *Calcium* is important for actively growing hair follicle cells.
* *Vitamin E* is an excellent antioxidant particularly good for preventing the oxidization of Vitamins A & C, maintains cell membranes and general health of the blood.
* *Zinc* keeps hair follicles from atrophying.
* *Copper* ensures hair pigment.
* *Manganese* and Iron are essential for follicle growth.
* *Iodine* is essential for optimum hair growth.
* *Niacin* has been known to restore hair pigmentation when taken over a long period of time.
* *Biotin* has been called “the hair vitamin” because of its growth benefits.