With famine, disease, wars, natural disasters, and chaos stalking the earth, the world is in desperate need. However, the world’s greatest need is spiritual. The world needs Holy Ghost revival.
Years ago the writer of Chronicles recorded, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” (II Chronicles 7:14). We have the solution to the world’s need in our hands. The Lord has promised that if we meet the requirements, He will send the answer. Let us pray for revival.
1. Pray the prayer of thanksgiving for …
- God’s power to accomplish His will
- The Holy Ghost baptism, apostolic truth, and salvation
- The outpouring of the Holy Ghost that is occurring worldwide
- Godly leaders, pastors, and churches
- General Superintendent and General secretary
- District superintendent and District secretary
- Presbyter and sectional secretary
- Pastor and pastor’s family
- Church staff and congregation
- God’s power to accomplish His will
- Your family, friends, and fellow saints
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (I Thessalonians 5:18).
2. Praise God for:
- His faithfulness– “I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation” (Psalm 40:10).
- His mercy– “Thy mercy, 0 Lord, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds” (Psalm 36:5).
- His excellence– “Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict” (Job 37:23). (Also see Psalm 36:7.)
- His love– “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
- His longsuffering- “But thou, 0 Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth” (Psalm 86:15).
- His name- “0 Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!” (Psalm 8:9). “And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised” (Romans 4:12).
3. Pray for unity of purpose among …
- All involved in helping bring revival
- Those teaching Bible studies
- Those witnessing and distributing tracts
- Those receiving Bible studies and tracts
“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” (Psalm 133:1).
“Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:3, 13).
4. Pray for…
- Your nation, state or province, county city and communities- “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty” (I Timothy 2:1-2).
- A great outpouring of the Holy Ghost today- “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions” (Joel 2:28). “For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off even as many as the Lord our God shall call” (Acts 2:39).
- *Many signs, wonders, and miracles today*- “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues” (Mark 16:17).
- A great drawing of the Spirit today – “And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely” (Revelation 22:17).
- The soulwinners, that they will be led to hungry people who are ready to harvest- “Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest” (Luke 10:2).
5. Pray that the financial blessings of God will …
- Liberally come to your local church and your pastor
- Be sufficient to meet the needs of this special time of revival
- Include district work and neighboring churches
- Be sufficient to sustain the worldwide revival efforts
- Be generously bestowed to you, as God’s faithful steward
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
Revival will come when we pray. Let’s get ready for it. It is here. And more is coming!