…or change churches (modern-day backsliding)
1. Fear tribulation, want to go hide. Fear
Deuteronomy 7:18-21; Revelation 6:16-17
2. Too many (kids, troubles, activities, etc.)
Matthew 13:7; Mark 4:19
3. Want to go where “action” is; bigger church, better church, closer church, (instead of blooming where planted, realizing it is Jesus that makes the church big.)
Zechariah 4:10; Matthew 18:20
4. Offended by loss of position, lack of position, desire for position.
(Saul) 1 Samuel 18:11; 20:31
5. Longstanding grudges agains… pastor, other saints, or lost family.
(Korah) Numbers 16
6. Can’t serve 2 masters. Lost out to wrong desire.
(Reuben, Demas, Balaam) Numbers 22-24.
7. Want, seeking, or to find a husband, wife, love; afraid you won’t find it in the church.
Lust of Flesh
(Dinah, Samson) Deut. 7:3-4; Judges 14:3
8. Never got close to Jesus in the first place. (Don’t know Him well enough to stay.)
(Simon the sorcerer, the Seven Sons of Sceva.) Luke 8:12-13
9. Always looking back, don’t believe Jesus will take you all the way to the promised land, or afraid what you’ve had (back in Egypt) is better than what He has in store for you (heaven).
Unbelief, lust of the eye
(Lot’s wife, Children of Israel) Numbers 14:3; Exodus 32:31
10. Impatient. Fixers. Want “it” now or else. Don’t follow plan of God. Want to run things your way, or the highway. Everybody’s wrong but you. Will not put up with… pastor, saints, holiness standards, state of church.
(Miriam, Absolom, Jezebel) James 3:1; Numbers 12&16, Luke 21:19
Jill Friedman attends New Life Apostolic Church in Detroit Michigan.