â€¦or change churches (modern-day backsliding)
1. Fear tribulation, want to go hide. Fear
Deuteronomy 7:18-21; Revelation 6:16-17
2. Too many (kids, troubles, activities, etc.)
Matthew 13:7; Mark 4:19
3. Want to go where â€œactionâ€ is; bigger church, better church, closer church, (instead of blooming where planted, realizing it is Jesus that makes the church big.)
Zechariah 4:10; Matthew 18:20
4. Offended by loss of position, lack of position, desire for position.
(Saul) 1 Samuel 18:11; 20:31
5. Longstanding grudges againsâ€¦ pastor, other saints, or lost family.
(Korah) Numbers 16
6. Canâ€™t serve 2 masters. Lost out to wrong desire.
(Reuben, Demas, Balaam) Numbers 22-24.
7. Want, seeking, or to find a husband, wife, love; afraid you wonâ€™t find it in the church.
Lust of Flesh
(Dinah, Samson) Deut. 7:3-4; Judges 14:3
8. Never got close to Jesus in the first place. (Donâ€™t know Him well enough to stay.)
(Simon the sorcerer, the Seven Sons of Sceva.) Luke 8:12-13
9. Always looking back, donâ€™t believe Jesus will take you all the way to the promised land, or afraid what youâ€™ve had (back in Egypt) is better than what He has in store for you (heaven).
Unbelief, lust of the eye
(Lotâ€™s wife, Children of Israel) Numbers 14:3; Exodus 32:31
10. Impatient. Fixers. Want â€œitâ€ now or else. Donâ€™t follow plan of God. Want to run things your way, or the highway. Everybodyâ€™s wrong but you. Will not put up withâ€¦ pastor, saints, holiness standards, state of church.
(Miriam, Absolom, Jezebel) James 3:1; Numbers 12&16, Luke 21:19
Jill Friedman attends New Life Apostolic Church in Detroit Michigan.