Donâ€™t criticize me, you know you do it too! Here are some inspiring and productive things to do while driving to/from work and stuck in traffic.
I live in sunny Miami, way down south in Cutler Ridge (you can almost see Cuba from my house! â€” just kidding) I work in Coral Gables, so it takes me from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to and from work every day.
I take the beautiful, scenic route of Old Cutler Road, which has only 2 lanes going in both directions, rather than taking the parallel, but highly congested US-1. Old Cutler has magnificent canopy trees which stretches on each side of the road for miles. The foliage, blooms, birds, and stunning mansions I see make driving to work such a pleasure. And since we have no Winter, its green all year round! (If you live up North â€” don’t cry!)
You can also see a glimpse of the ocean while crossing a small bridge at a certain point. And then there are several flocks of Peacocks all year round sashaying along the roads. The other day I had to stop to let one cross the road. It was a male Peacock and his iridescent plumes cascaded behind him as he sprinted, like a veil on a bride. King Solomon would eat his heart out! In 1 Kings the Bible tells us King Solomon collected Peacocks. 1Kings 10:22 For the king had . . . peacocks. I don’t need to collect them, they prance around all over Old Cutler! I feel very blessed indeed, I live in Paradise!
Anyway, here are things I do while I drive:
- Apply wrinkle cream (don’t laugh – that’s why I don’t have any)
- Ask bad drivers Why you do that? when they can’t hear me.
- Avoid hitting Raccoons & Possum
- Brush & fix my hair.
- Clean out my purse.
- Count the baby Peacocks.
- Dream of owning one those mansions. (Smile)
- Eat breakfast.
- Enjoy the beauty of God’s creation.
- File my nails.
- Floss my teeth.
- Get ideas from the gardens as I pass them by.
- Listen to a Bible Study or Preaching.
- Listen to Christian Radio
- Memorize scripture (3 X 5 cards help)
- Plan for the weekend (on Fridays)
- Pluck my eyebrows. (While stopped – as to not poke my eye out!)
- Pray (as loud as I want and nobody but God will hear me!)
- Read a book between stops. (Not while I am driving!)
- Read the newspaper.
- Repent (bad drivers make me do that)
- Sing to the Lord.
- Take a quick nap. (While stopped-not driving!)
- Talk on my cell phone. (Driving from work – everyone is asleep in the a.m.)
- Talk to myself (you do it too!)
- Update my prayer list (between stops)
- Write my grocery list.
- Worship God
Sis. Romero attends Iglesia Pentecostal Unida Nueva Vida in Miami, Florida